Monday 28 November 2016

The last Social Sewing Saturday of 2016


Well there’s a first (and hopefully not last) time for everything. This was my first time stepping into the world of Social Sewing Saturdays (SSS), and I’m so very glad I made the move! I’ve always been interested in sewing, but I’ve never had the courage to try it out for myself. Armed with determination, I headed to my local craft store and found myself a beginner ‘learn how to sew’ kit. I found a beautiful little make your own doll, and took that with me to my first SSS.


We enjoyed a laugh, drank coffee and ate cake and of course found the time to work on our individual projects. I found the motions of sewing to be incredibly calming, and enjoyed my afternoon so much. I received some really good tips and tricks from the other lovely social sewers, and we had a chat about the year that had passed and the year that was to come.

This was our last meeting of 2016, and I thank everyone who came along. You were all so  wonderful and welcoming, and I’m excited for more Social Sewing in the new year. To those who couldn’t make it, I hope you have an amazing rest of the year and the happiest of holidays. 

Social Sewing will resume in the New Year, on Saturday the 28th of January 2017. I hope to see you then!

Until then, have a safe and happy holidays and like always, happy sewing!
See you in the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment